Terms of Service
To use our services, including the submission of any content through our services, we require that you agree to these Terms of Service (“Terms”). Among other things, you understand and agree that:
- The personal information you have provided to us is accurate.
- You have the right to submit any content that you provide to us.
- You are solely responsible for any content that you submit to us.
- Your submissions do not contain material that is defamatory, infringes on anyone else’s intellectual property rights, or is in any way unlawful; or that we may find to be indecent, profane, obscene, or otherwise objectionable.
- We may review your submissions and remove any content without notice and for any reason in our sole discretion, including if it violates these rules, other parts of the Terms, or is otherwise objectionable.
- When you submit content or other material, you grant us, our affiliates, and our partners the nonexclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, and fully sub-licensable right to use and distribute such content or other material in any way.
BY ACCESSING OR USING THE SERVICES, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH BELOW. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, YOU SHOULD NOT ACCESS OR USE THE SERVICES. PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION CAREFULLY:
As our Services are an evolving medium, the Terms of this Agreement may change from time to time. Please periodically review and become familiar with these terms. Your continued use of the Services after the posting of changes to these Terms will signify your acceptance of these changes. Texas Storm Chasers LLC hereinafter referred to as “Texas Storm Chasers” may immediately terminate any individual’s use of the Services and/or such user’s password(s) or account(s) in the event user violates the terms of this Agreement or engages in conduct that Texas Storm Chasers, in its sole discretion, considers to be unacceptable. Such removal or termination may occur without notice to the user.
© Copyright Texas Storm Chasers, except as to content supplied by our associates which Copyright may be retained by them. All Rights Reserved.
Although the Services are freely accessible, by providing such access Texas Storm Chasers LLC do not intend to relinquish our respective rights, or any other party’s rights, to the materials appearing on the Services. Unless otherwise noted, Texas Storm Chasers LLC owns all materials, including images, illustrations, designs, icons, photographs, video clips, and written and other materials that are part of the Services. The material on the Services is provided for private, non-commercial use only.
Reporting Copyright Infringement:
If you are a copyright owner or an agent thereof and believe any content or other information appearing on the Services infringes upon your copyrights, you may submit a notification of claimed infringement under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) containing the following information:
(i) A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of a copyright interest that is allegedly infringed;
(ii) Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
(iii) Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of the infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
(iv) Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address;
(v) A statement that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
(vi) A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and made under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
The designated agent to receive notifications of claimed infringements is: Copyright Agent, c/o Texas Storm Chasers LLC, 1410 BRAEWOOD PL, DUNCANVILLE, TX 75137-2801, email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include in your e-mail the URL of the website of the alleged infringement or the name of the mobile application or other service which you believe to contain infringing content.
The Texas Storm Chasers logo is a trademark and service mark of Texas Storm Chasers LLC. All other trademarks, service marks and logos used in the Services are the trademarks, service marks or logos of their respective owners. You may not use any trademark or service mark appearing on the Services without the prior written consent of the owner of the mark.
CODE OF CONDUCT
You agree not to engage in any of the following conduct. Such conduct is unacceptable and may result in termination of your use of the Services:
- Restricting or inhibiting any other user from using and enjoying the Services;
- Impersonating any person or entity or posting personally identifying information of any other person;
- Posting or transmitting any unlawful, fraudulent, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene or otherwise objectionable or harmful information of any kind;
- Without Texas Storm Chasers’ prior written approval, posting or transmitting any advertisement, promotion or solicitation of goods or services for commercial purposes (including without limitation the solicitation of users of the Services to become users of other online or mobile services competitive with Texas Storm Chasers);
- Posting or transmitting any information or software that contains a virus, worm, time bomb, Trojan horse, or other harmful or disruptive component;
- Posting or transmitting materials in violation of another party’s copyright or intellectual property rights;
- Using the Services for any commercial or unlawful purposes, including “spamming”; or
- Modifying, adapting, sublicensing, translating, selling, reverse engineering, decompiling or disassembling any portion of the Services.
YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE TO INDEMNIFY, (AT OUR REQUEST) DEFEND, AND HOLD TEXAS STORM CHASERS LLC, AND THE AFFILIATES AND SPONSORS OF EACH OF THEM, HARMLESS FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, DAMAGES, COSTS OR OTHER EXPENSES (INCLUDING REASONABLE ATTORNEY FEES) THAT ARISE DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY OUT OF OR FROM (A) YOUR BREACH OF THIS AGREEMENT, INCLUDING THE PROVISIONS RELATING TO CONTENT SUBMITTED BY YOU, (B) YOUR VIOLATION OF ANY OF THESE TERMS OF SERVICE AND/OR THE CODE OF CONDUCT ABOVE, (C) YOUR ACTIVITIES IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICES OR ANY RELATED SERVICES; (D) YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE SERVICES OR ANY RELATED SERVICES; AND/OR (E) YOUR VIOLATION OF ANY THIRD PARTY RIGHT, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHT, PUBLICITY, CONFIDENTIALITY, PROPERTY OR PRIVACY RIGHT BY YOU.
By using the Services you are indicating that you agree to be bound by the terms of this Agreement. If you do not agree to the terms of this Agreement, please do not use the Services. If you are not yet 18 years old, a parent or guardian may agree to be bound by the terms of this Agreement on your behalf.
Certain portions of the Services may allow you to purchase or license different types of products and services that are provided by Texas Storm Chasers and/or third parties. Texas Storm Chasers are not responsible for the quality, accuracy, timeliness, reliability or any other aspect of products and services purchased or licensed on the Services. If requested to provide any information, you must provide information that is accurate, complete and current. You agree to review and to comply with the terms and conditions of any specific agreement that you enter into with either Texas Storm Chasers and/or a third party in connection with the licensing or purchase of any product or service. You are responsible for all charges incurred by users of your account and credit card or other payment mechanism at the prices in effect when such charges are incurred. You will also be responsible for paying any applicable taxes relating to such licensing or purchases.
Submission of an advertisement does not constitute a commitment to publish the advertisement, and publication of an advertisement does not constitute an agreement for continued publication. We reserve the right to edit, reclassify, revise, reject and/or cancel any advertisement at any time, in our sole discretion. Rates and specifications for any advertisement are subject to change.
When you submit ad for publication on the Services, including but not limited to classified ads, you agree that the advertisement is licensed to Texas Storm Chasers for publication on the Services.
You may submit any text, images, data, or other materials (“Content”) on the Services. In so doing, you acknowledge and agree that you grant to Texas Storm Chasers a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, worldwide right and license to:
- Link to, use, reproduce, transmit, modify, adapt, publish, display, perform, distribute, and/or translate such Content without notice, attribution or payment to you.
- Sublicense such Content (in whole or in part) and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media or technology now known or hereafter developed for the full term of any copyright that may exist in such material without notice, attribution or payment to you. Further, by submitting Content on the Services, you acknowledge that you have the authority to grant such rights to Texas Storm Chasers and use of the Content by Texas Storm Chasers will not violate the rights of any third party. You further acknowledge that the burden of determining whether any Content posted or transmitted on the Services by you is protected by copyright or will otherwise violate the rights of any third party rests solely with you. Texas Storm Chasers, and its subsidiaries, licensees and third party content providers and licensors have the right to assert and enforce these provisions relating to the submission of Content directly or on its own behalf.
CONTESTS, SWEEPSTAKES, AND PROMOTIONS
USE OF SECURE AREA AND PASSWORD
You are given access to any password-protected area of the Services when you are given permission and a password to enter such area. You may not distribute your password to others. You are responsible for all uses of your password and any and all damages to Texas Storm Chasers resulting from the distribution of your password, whether or not authorized by you.
You acknowledge and agree that Texas Storm Chasers have the right, but not the responsibility, to monitor the Services and related services, including without limitation chat rooms and forums, and to disclose any information to any third party in order to operate the Services properly, to protect itself, its sponsors and Texas Storm Chasers’ customers, and to comply with legal obligations or governmental requests, or to respond to any circumstance that Texas Storm Chasers deems to be an emergency. Texas Storm Chasers reserve the right to refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, that are unacceptable, offensive or in violation of this Agreement, in the sole determination of Texas Storm Chasers.
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT THE SERVICES, INCLUDING ANY CONTENT OR INFORMATION CONTAINED WITHIN THEM OR ANY RELATED SERVICE, OR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE LICENSED OR PURCHASED THROUGH THE SERVICES, IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NONINFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OTHER THAN THOSE WARRANTIES WHICH ARE INCAPABLE OF EXCLUSION, RESTRICTION OR MODIFICATION UNDER THE LAWS APPLICABLE TO THIS AGREEMENT. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT ANY WARRANTY THAT IS PROVIDED IN CONNECTION WITH ANY OF THE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES DESCRIBED HEREIN IS PROVIDED SOLELY BY THE OWNER, ADVERTISER OR MANUFACTURER OF THAT PRODUCT AND/OR SERVICE, AND NOT BY TEXAS STORM CHASERS. YOU ALSO ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOUR ACCESS TO THE SERVICES AND/OR SITE-RELATED SERVICES MAY NOT BE UNINTERRUPTED, ERROR-FREE, OR SECURE. YOU ASSUME TOTAL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK FOR YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES AND ANY RELATED SERVICES.
YOU FURTHER EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT NEITHER TEXAS STORM CHASERS, NOR THEIR EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SPONSORS, THIRD-PARTY CONTENT PROVIDERS OR LICENSORS ARE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR OTHER DAMAGES UNDER ANY CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHER THEORY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING IN ANY WAY TO THE SERVICES, ANY RELATED SERVICES AND/OR CONTENT OR INFORMATION CONTAINED WITHIN THE SERVICES. YOU SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT TEXAS STORM CHASERS ARE NOT LIABLE FOR THE DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF OTHER USERS OR THIRD-PARTIES, AND THAT THE RISK OF INJURY FROM THE FOREGOING RESTS ENTIRELY WITH YOU. YOUR SOLE REMEDY FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE SERVICES, ANY RELATED SERVICES AND/OR CONTENT OR INFORMATION CONTAINED WITHIN THEM IS TO STOP USING THE SITE AND/OR SUCH SERVICES.
SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Although Texas Storm Chaser will attempt to ensure the integrity of the Services, a possibility exists that the Services could include inaccuracies or errors, or unauthorized additions, deletions and alterations made by third parties to the Services. Texas Storm Chasers make no guarantees whatsoever as to its completeness, correctness, or accuracy. In the event that such an inaccuracy arises, please contact us at http://www.texasstormchasers.com/contact/ so that it can be corrected. Please include the URL of inaccuracy or the name of the mobile application or other service in your email.
In many instances, the content available through the Services represents the opinions and judgments of the respective information provider, user or member of the Services, or other user not under contract with Texas Storm Chasers. Texas Storm Chasers neither endorses nor is responsible for the accuracy or reliability of any opinion, advice or statement made on the Services by anyone other than authorized Texas Storm Chasers employee spokespersons while acting in their official capacities. Texas Storm Chasers neither endorses nor is responsible for the accuracy or reliability of any opinion, advice or statement made on the Services by anyone other than authorized employees of Texas Storm Chasers while acting in their official capacities. Under no circumstances will Texas Storm Chasers be liable for any loss or damage caused by your reliance on information obtained through the Services. It is your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any information, opinion, advice or other content available through the Services.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES AND SERVICES
PARENTAL CONTROL PROVISIONS
Pursuant to 47 U.S.C. Section 230(d), as amended, we hereby notify you that parental control protections (such as computer hardware, software or filtering services) are commercially available that may assist you in limiting access to material that is harmful to minors. Information identifying current providers of such protections is available at the sites of the Electronic Frontier Foundation (www.eff.org) and GetNetWise (www.getnetwise.org).
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED
Although certain Services may be accessible worldwide, not all products or services discussed or referenced in or on the Services are available to all persons or in all geographic locations or jurisdictions. Texas Storm Chasers reserve the right to limit the availability of the Services and/or the provision of any product or service to any person, geographic area or jurisdiction it so desires, in our sole discretion, and to limit the quantities of any such product or service that it provides. Any offer for any product or service made through or on the Services is void where prohibited.
Texas Storm Chasers makes no representation that materials on the Services are appropriate, available or legal in any particular location. Those who choose to access the Services do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
You agree that these Terms, for all purposes, shall be governed and applicable to contracts to be wholly performed therein, and any action based on or alleging a breach of these Terms must be brought in a state or federal court in the state where Texas Storm Chasers is located. In addition, both parties agree to submit to the exclusive personal jurisdiction and venue of such courts.
Fair for Everyone Advertising Policy
We make our money through online advertising – which makes this site free for you to use. We’re not trying to pull a fast one or rip you off, but we do need to pay all of the talented people who work on this site, so we’ve adopted an advertising policy that works best for us and for you. If you have any questions, please contact us at…
1) We will not sell your personal details onto a third party – advertisers on our site may have access to your behaviour via cookies, but not your data.
2) We place ads based on where they perform best – if a page happens to sell lots of computer games, we will advertise more computer games on that page. That’s reasonable right?
3) We will not use behavioural targeting unreasonably – if you go to a site about watches we will assume you are interested in watches. It’s not a sinister action, it just makes sense. You don’t have to buy the watches any more than you have to buy anything else! We won’t behaviourally target anything that might embarrass you, and you always have the option to opt out.
4) We request that you don’t use ad blockers – contrary to popular belief we do sometimes get paid for you just seeing advertising without you clicking or buying anything. If you like our site, please don’t block our ads – it’s an easy way for you to pay us for using it without it costing you anything.
5) We run more ads than it is reasonable to keep track of, therefore if you have a complaint about an ad for any reason, please get in touch with us and let us know and we will do what we can about it – it’s not in our interests to displease our users*
6) We do not allow auto-initiated sound – that means ads are not allowed to have the sound switched on when the page loads. If you see an ad which does this, please let us know and we will hunt it down and switch it off as soon as possible*
7) We do not allow ads which make you download anything (especially viruses!), or which break the site in anyway. If you see an ad which does this, please let us know and we will hunt it down and switch it off as soon as possible*
We’re not trying to trick you into buying things you don’t want or need, we’re just making you aware of the dynamic you are already involved in, so that you can consciously take part. Advertising has been rightly and wrongly demonised over the years, but it’s part of keeping the internet free, so working together we hope we can make it a more reasonable payment system for everyone.
* To help us find the offending ad, please send us a screenshot of the ad, and the URL you saw it on.
This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties hereto pertaining to the subject matter hereof, and any and all prior or contemporaneous written or oral agreements existing between the parties hereto are expressly canceled. No waiver by either party of any breach or default hereunder shall be deemed to be a waiver of any preceding or subsequent breach or default. Any heading, caption, or paragraph title contained in this Agreement is inserted only as a matter of convenience and in no way defines or explains any paragraph or provision hereof.
Texas Storm Chasers may at any time change the Services, including eliminating or discontinuing any content or feature of the Services, restricting its availability or limiting the amount of use permitted. Such changes, modifications, additions, or deletions shall be effective immediately upon notice thereof, which may be given by any means including, but not limited to, postings or notifications on the Services, by electronic mail, by conventional mail, or by another other means chosen in the sole discretion of Texas Storm Chasers. Your use of the Services after such notice shall be deemed to constitute your acceptance of such changes, modifications, additions, or deletions.